Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Showtime!

One more post for Halloween! I loved the Beetlejuice cartoon as a kid (or as an adolescent, which probably more accurately describes where I was back then). I actually liked it more than I ever liked the movie. So when I saw the movie on TV the other night...I had to do some cartoon fan art. One which is fairly on-model with the cartoon, and one featuring a slightly older version of Lydia (which was born out of my doodles in prep for the other piece, and I decided to finish it as well). Enjoy, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

-Andrew




In the original sketches below, note how TINY Lydia is next to Beetlejuice!
How did I not
notice that until after I scanned it in???
Probably because I hadn't seen the cartoon in years, but really?
THAT tiny and I didn't notice?


4 comments:

DICK! said...

Super awesome. I like the slightly older Lydia on the tombstone. Awesomeness.

Anonymous said...

both are great!

computers some times help
me as well for scaling/skewing

that first one is really on model
well done~

Christina said...

Hi there, I am for without a doubt wanting to make a tattoo out of the drawing you did with Lydia on the tombstone.

It'll be changed slightly though, because I have a small rose done, and I saw your drawing and thought to myself, "HOW PERFECT IS THIS???"

...So, is that okay.
I cannot find a better drawing anywhere else, it's what I've ALWAYS wanted.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?